Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Printing Coupons & Publix Deals

In my very long list of links yesterday, I posted three websites that you can go to and find coupons that you print yourself. For me, these are hit-or-miss; since we are a South Beach Diet household, we buy more fresh food and a lot less prepackaged food, especially the convenience foods (like frozen meals, etc.). That is not to say that we don't buy those on occasion, but sites likes Coupons.com are great when you find something you can use. I recently found $1 off any Fiber One granola bars and, since those are presently my favorite snack, I printed as many as I could.

This brings me to my point. If you want to print coupons yourself, you need a laser printer. I haven't really had experience with inkjet printers and printing coupons personally, but I know that the consignment sales prefer that you print your tags with a laser printer rather than an inkjet printer because a laser printer is better at printing barcodes. Scanners read barcodes more easily if they have been printed with a laser printer. Our laser printer is about six years old, but it still works great. It cost us $150 in 2003 and maybe $60-$100 a year in toner catridges and paper, depending on how much we use it. You can get a relatively inexpensive laser printer for $100-$150 now. It is an investment I highly recommend.

Publix has some nice BOGO deals this week. Combine those with coupons and, voila, you have a very happy couponing mama!

BOGO A1 Steak Sauce
Minus $2 coupon here (remember to print two, one for each bottle!)
=$2 or less per bottle (depending on size)!

BOGO Kraft Salad Dressings
Minus $1.50 coupon from Sunday's paper (remember to use two, one for each bottle!)
=less than $2 a bottle!

Visit www.publix.com and click on Services to find a link to their weekly ad and see what deals are brewing in your neck of the woods!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer! I print coupons all the time with my inkjet printer, on the "fast" setting, and the barcodes scan great. Actually, they scan better when I do it on "fast" (or economy) setting than when I do it on normal or high quality - go figure. Just thought I'd throw that out there! (Don't tell the Kid's Market people, but I also print their tags on my inkjet and they scan fine too!)

    ReplyDelete