Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Benefits of Signing Up for Store Emails

Here is one (I hope the link works): http://mic.michaels.com/USAWeekly03-27A.aspx?id=34&referenceNo=01577918061

I have signed up for emails from such retailers as Michael's, BabiesRUs, Ann Taylor Loft, Ann Taylor, New York & Company, White House Black Market, Books-A-Million, Bath and Body Works, and more. Why? For every two or three ads for sales or new products they send out, I get at least one coupon like that 50% off one regular-priced item at Michael's. That's a nice benefit, especially if you shop often at a particular store.

"But, Jennifer, that's a lot of emails," I'm sure you're saying at this point. Yes, it is. On average, I probably about 10 emails a day from different retailers or other savings sites. It builds up fast and sometimes I forget to delete them. To alleviate the pile of emails in my personal email account, I started a second email account just for this stuff. I only check it once or twice a day and, since it is a separate email account from my personal one, I can keep up with my daily correspondence a lot more easily.

If you want to try this, sign up for one or two retailers' emails and see what happens. I guarantee you will be happy when you get that first coupon for the stores that you love.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your blog!! I had no idea you were such a thrifty gal :)

    ReplyDelete